Residential Construction & Remodeling Experts
Your Trusted Sarasota, FL Home Builder
Yoder Homes specializes in design-build, custom homes, and remodeling services in Sarasota, FL and the surrounding areas. We take pride in our customer relationships and professionalism and guarantee a job well done every time! With a history in construction and a dedication to a seamless process, we have built a reputation for delivering the “wow” every time.
The History of Yoder Homes
Construction has been a way of life for Denny Yoder for as long as he can remember. Growing up in Fort Wayne, Indiana, he spent my summers working for his father’s homebuilding company on various construction crews – learning all aspects of the building process along the way.
Wanting to venture out and experience new things, he headed west upon graduation, earning a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Arizona. After five years of working for General Electric, the lure of the building industry brought him back home to his roots, where he spent 17 years as president of Delagrange Homes – one of the largest homebuilding companies in northeast Indiana, with annual sales of about $30 million at its peak.
In the Beginning
Many family vacations were spent throughout the years in Sarasota, and they all fell in love with both the climate and the beautiful landscape. So, it wasn’t a difficult decision when in 2005, the opportunity came to sell Delagrange Homes and make Sarasota their permanent residence. Seeing a niche market in condo renovation, he founded Yoder Homes, starting out with smaller jobs that quickly grew in scope as our reputation for quality workmanship became well-known.
Success Through Referrals
Over the past decade, Denny is pleased to say that Yoder Homes has experienced tremendous success, developing a large and loyal customer base. In fact, the majority of our business comes from word-of-mouth referrals! Establishing strong relationships with our homeowners, both during the building process and afterward, is something we strive for and value.
We build great relationships.
Champions with the heart of servants.
Doing the right thing when no one is looking.
We own it.
Meet the Team
Area Construction Manager
Area Construction Manager
Director of Business Development
Yoder Homes exemplifies a customer-centered philosophy, focusing on the unique needs and desires of each and every client and crafting a distinctive value. From the very first meeting to the completion of your dream project, our goal is to exceed your expectations by delivering a quality product on time and within your budget.
Once bids are received, a formal proposal is produced. Often there are areas of the project that are not fully defined or require clients to make product selections. In these instances, a dollar allowance is reflected in the proposal so that owners have a complete picture of anticipated costs to avoid miscommunication and/or unexpected expenses.
With more complex projects (including custom homes), a design agreement is required/recommended. With a design agreement in place, we work hand in hand with you and a design person to make sure the scope of work matches your desired budget.
Once the scope of work for a project has been determined, preliminary floor plans and schematic drawings are created, taking into account any mechanical and/or structural modifications, as well as city planning requirements and restrictions, when applicable. This process continues with your feedback and input until you are fully satisfied and sign off on the design.
If computers aren’t your thing, that’s no problem! Our dedicated team is available to guide you through the building process each step of the way! From the initial meeting to project completion, we are at your disposal!
Once all construction permits are procured, our project manager and skilled construction team diligently work together to deliver a pleasurable building process and quality end product. To ensure that our high standards are maintained, Yoder Homes uses only licensed, insured craftsmen that have proven experience.
The Yoder Homes team is committed to delivering top-quality workmanship and installation through our on-the-job supervision. We understand the importance of completing your custom home or remodeling project in a timely manner and work hard to adhere to the established schedule. Upon completion of your project, you can rest assured that punch-list items will be resolved effectively and efficiently, as well as any open issues or concerns.
We Give Back In Big Ways
Reports to: Area Construction Manager
Objective: Manage and control the progress of assigned construction projects by planning, coordinating, and supervising the project from start to finish according to the plans, proposal, budget, and schedule.
- Strictly observe and execute all details on the structural and architectural plans.
- Build and load construction schedules in BuilderTrend and schedule all trade partners and hourly employees accordingly.
- Create daily job site logs in BuilderTrend, and upload project photos weekly.
- Communicate the project status with clients each week.
- Communicate regularly with trades, office staff, and DOC.
- Conduct regular inspections of work performed by trades and hourly employees and ensure all work meets Yoder Homes standards.
- Order materials and schedule them to be delivered to the job site in a timely manner.
- Carefully manage and adhere to the construction project budget.
- Keep track of all credit card purchases and regularly submit all receipts to Accounting Dept.
- Promptly schedule all inspections.
- Request Change Order forms for each customer change request.
- Identify and resolve any errors or issues that arise on the job site.
- Create a punch list of work and materials needed to prepare the home for the final walk-through.
- Must maintain a clean job site and observe OSHA regulations.
- Enforce all Yoder Homes requirements for trades, vendors, and hourly employees, such as: No smoking on job sites, no foul language, cleaning up each day, etc.
- Understand the overall building process, terms, techniques, and procedures.
- Achieve good work habits that include:
a. Paying attention to detail
b. Taking the initiative
c. Planning and organization
d. Following through
e. Being consistent
f. Striving for improvement
g. Being flexible
h. Going above and beyond basic responsibilities
i. Constant communication through BuilderTrend
Overall objective: Manage and enter accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions for construction in a mostly paperless environment using multiple software systems. Specific responsibilities for client companies include but are not limited to:
- Full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for multiple companies.
- Identify terms and coordinate billing for contracts within project management software.
- Receive and code all invoices, and receive and process payments as needed.
- Paying vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos
- Vendor statement reconciliations.
- Credit card transactions and statement reconciliations.
- Maintain vendor files to include payment terms, discounts available, W-9, and insurance certificates.
- Effectively communicate with project managers to address discrepancies and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Support month, quarter, and year-end activities as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Additional Requirements and Qualifications:
- Honesty, integrity, trustworthy, team player, coachable mindset, deadline-driven.
- 2+ years of AP/AR or similar accounting experience required.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams) required.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in accounting preferred.
- QuickBooks and BuilderTrend experience preferred.
Pay range varies depending on experience and skillset. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) plan match, paid time off, and an enjoyable team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Physical setting: Office
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Sarasota, FL 34236: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (Preferred)
Objective: Provide support to Purchasing Manager, Estimators, Design and Construction Managers through maintaining system accuracy, streamlining communication, and completing administrative tasks.
- Maintain budget and option pricing in Builder Trend as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Track material and labor lead times.
- Follow-up on bid requests as needed.
- Assist with price negotiation.
- Build change order pricing with the assistance of Estimators and Purchasing Manager.
- Act as a liaison for Sales, Design, Construction Managers, and Trade Partners to streamline communication.
- Generate accurate purchase orders and distribute them within the standard time frame.
- Track rebate purchases vs. requirements.
- Assist with trade partner onboarding.
- Ensure that all trade contractors are under the formal agreement – standard master agreement with price addenda and scopes of work.
- Ensure all required trade partner certificates/documents are up to date
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to re-bid trades whenever present trades give notification of cost increases.
- Continually look into innovative products, techniques, and changes in the home building industry.
- Assist in determining accurate standard specifications and scopes of work for each trade.
- Assist in the costing of new models as needed.
- Audit pricing database to ensure accuracy.
- Perform cost comparison and analysis.
- Research variance purchase order requests and submit them to Purchasing Manager
- Track cost variance trends and present to the Purchasing Manager.
- Adhere to self-improvement programs for both professional and personal development.
- Develop negotiating skills and techniques.
- Achieve good work habits that include:
- Attention to detail
- Taking task to completion
- Follow through
- Always looking for better ways
- Willingness to put in extra effort